Wednesday, June 4

New Tevas for Me

I love my Tevas like no other pair of shoes I have ever owned. Alas I have worn the old ones down so it is time to replace them. They have gone lots of places: from the Adirondacks to Hawaii, on every kayak trip and up the streets of every festival I've ever been to in the last five years. It will be a bit sad to part with them. Happy birthday to me; I'm finally spending my birthday money from my folks. Thanks Mom and Dad! I just placed the order online for the ones pictured here. They are called Terra-Fi. Awesome name. I told my boss we should be allowed to wear them to work. He said he didn't mind. We may just see - at least on Fridays. I'll wear my pretty rope ones on all the other days.

Perhaps they will be here in time for my next kayak race! I just went to a timed racing series that started tonight and what a good time that was. I was nearly assaulted by a swan, and then laughed at by a fellow racer who thought that was the funniest thing. There were even hot dogs and beer after. I can't stomach the taste but still cool for everyone else. I drank the bottled water. I just borrowed a boat 'cause I was too lazy to get mine on my car, but I plan to go paddling tomorrow so I better go get it rigged up. There's a 50/50 chance of scattered thunderstorms, and it's going to be in the 80s! Let's hope the storms scatter far from where I'll be.

2 comments:

julie king said...

my hubbie and i own our own kayaks and love to paddle on the local streams and lakes. we are hoping the weather will hold tomorrow so we can go. i'm planning to post some photos of us kayaking one day soon. we are the slow-and-easy kayaking types. no racing for us although it sounds like fun. i've never owned tevas; i'll have to check them out.

thanks for your kind words about my lone harvest tree collage. it was one of my faves too but i just sold it recently.

Ginger said...

I like slow and easy, too. Isn't kayaking such a treat? Can't wait to see your boat!