Monday, June 23

Got Rained Out

Here are a couple of pictures from Saturday's adventure. See the bikes in the picture on the right? Click it to see them bigger. We heard a local ski resort was offering lift-and-ride tickets for mountain biking so you can imagine B and I were geeked to try that. As we rode up the lift, the storm that wasn't supposed to arrive for an hour showed up with a bolt of lightning in the distance. It's very unnerving to sit on a metal ski lift at a time like that - especially when it stops periodically. We got off without being turned into crisps, and rode as fast as we safely could down the rocky hill. Mud was spewing all over my back, front, everywhere. Way fun. They gave us a rain check, and I think this is the first time I'd received a truly literal rain check. Can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Hooray for mtn biking. Boo on that nasty weather you had. It seems we are having the opposite problem - heat! A 20+ mile ride in the mountains on Sunday with lots of climbing in the heat was a tough one. I was just glad I finished, alive!