Thursday, May 8

Things Mom Warned Me Not to Do

I was cutting glass to make fused pendants tonight, and I'll admit I'm a bit challenged with the cutting.  I've seen people do it online, and I've seen people do it in person, but sometimes it's hard for me to get a clean, straight break.  My cut looks perfect, but the break not so much.  The glass I'm working with is very thin so that could be part of the problem.  Yeah, blame it on the glass.  This one piece was so stubborn I got my nibbler pliers out and was just chunking and pulverizing bits of it to get a straighter edge.  That's when I started thinking about two fundamental things that I do that my mom always told me not to: 1. Don't play with fire.  2. Don't touch broken glass.  


I sit with a lit canister of MAP gas at about torso height to make my beads, and I wasn't just touching broken glass, I was breaking it and biting it into bits...with pliers.  Aren't the things you're not supposed to do the most fun?  

I was also using scissors this evening, but I didn't run with them.  

No comments: