Saturday, May 31

Sweet Melty Goodness on a Saturday


It's that dessert that is delectable in its simpleness with a little nostalgia melted in.  Go on.  Add the Rice Krispies* and marshmallows to your shopping list.  You're going to have to make some now.

It's been a pretty nice Saturday. I got up and ran 3 miles, stopped at the store after and made some eggs and an English muffin when I got back. B is hard at work studying for his test, and I've been promising him Rice Krispie treats all week so I made those after breakfast. Then I tackled my shower. I hate cleaning the shower. How can the spot where you constantly use soap get dirty? I loathe soap scum. Coupled with my hate for cleaning the shower, that's not a good combination. I machine washed both curtains, scrubbed all the surfaces and even took the faucet handles off and cleaned the build-up inside those out! I have been meaning to do that for some time. It's the single and most simple thing you can do to make your shower sparkle if your faucets happen to be old and no one ever cleaned them since they were installed.

*Or generic rice crisp cereal like I did 'cause I have to cut corners somewhere with gas at $4 now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those treats didn't last long :)