Saturday, May 17

It's Real!

In high school, my best friend made a painting - a big painting about 4 feet wide - of a unicorn standing near a flowering tree in a storm of pink petals. Even the grass is coated with them. It hung in the living room of her dad's apartment, and I always loved it.

While out walking this morning, craning my head at the various things that caught my interest - the dog that always growls at me who seemed more subdued today, a beautiful garden the likes of which I will never have because the worm factor keeps me from it, a blue-black bug scuttling along the road - I looked up and there it was: the pink tree, it's bubblegum petals swirling and swarming as if single-minded. I stood delighted watching. There was no evidence of a unicorn though.

2 comments:

Yankee Girl 1881 said...

lol, my Dad still has that painting. Though now it's hanging on the spare bedroom wall. Keep a lookout... one of these times, you'll see that glimmering shadow out of the corner of your eye...you'll look up and it will really be your unicorn.

Ginger said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear it is safely up on a wall for enjoyment even it it is in a spare bedroom.