Sunday, October 7

Featured Artist: Marcy Lamberson

Marcy Lamberson of Studio Marcy is a talented lampworker who specializes in critters and creatures from a colorful toucan to a bee pirate!












How long have you been creating the pieces you sell on Etsy?
"I have been making beads for seven years and selling on Etsy for almost one year. But many of my pieces that I list are one-of-a-kinds. Each week I have a new style of something."

Do you have a certain ritual you do when you sit down to create?
Yes. My ritual is to make sure my ventilation system is turned on and that I'm wearing my safety glasses. Once or twice I was making beads and I realized that I accidentally was wearing my reading glasses, so now I'm more careful from the start. Nice to work without the soda flare."

What piece are you most proud of and why?
"I made an Inuit-inspired face inside of an eagle mask, which I love. It's quite a departure from my usual style, but I love how the face looks and that it's done all in neutrals. It will be in the October Ornament magazine as part of an advertisement by one of my street teams here on Etsy."

What's something people may not know about you?
"I can write in cursive with both hands at the same time in different directions."

What are you looking forward to creating next?
"There are so many items. I'd like to do a series on fairies, and I'm enjoying making customers' pet portraits. I've got an African Gray Parrot named Lulu lined up next, but usually it's their dogs or cats. It's so much fun to hear what the owners think and how much they enjoy it."

Learn more about Marcy here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ginger! I appreciate your blog about me.
Marcy