Saturday, March 22

The Time of My Life

I've been to some wonderful and fun places, but these past 11 days we're my favorite in a row since I've been on the planet. Every day it seemed I was saying, "I've never seen anything like it" about one thing or another. It was a treasure to be able to go to this place, and I hope we are lucky enough to do it again and that you are able to get there one day, too.

Everyone who's been to Hawaii seems to have their own must-do list, so here is mine in no particular order of all the things that were the best:
1. Surf in Haleiwa on Oahu's North Shore
Look up the North Shore Surf Girls for lessons.
2. Snorkle in Hanauma Bay
3. Eat Shave Ice Every Chance You Get
Jo Jo's in Waimea is fabulous; the Polynesia Cafe in Hanelei is excellent, too, and we liked the place next to Bubba's Burgers across the street in Hanelei (All on Kauai, but you can get it on other islands, too.)
4. Watch the Sun Rise Everyday
5. Stand in the Rain
6. Take a Hike (short or long, you'll see something amazing)
7. Feast at the Oceanarium
8. Watch the Sun Set
9. Buy a new Swatch
10. Spend Every Blissful Hour with the Love of Your Life*
11. Come back with bruises, scrapes, scratches and a "rash" from surfing - proof that it was all real
12. Buy enough souveniers that you have to purchase extra luggage

*Solo? Go with friends, go alone - just go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice list...I've just about got #10 down, but that darn job of mine keeps getting in the way, LOL!!! Guess someday I'll have to try working on the rest of those numbers, too, eh?

~patti~

Ginger said...

Yeah, those pesky jobs. If #10 is all any of us get to, we can consider ourselves lucky. But since you've got that one down, strive for the rest even if you end up doing some where traditional wear was lederhosen instead of grass skirts and beer is the treat instead of shave ice.

Anonymous said...

LOL, you read my mind...lederhosen it is! Hope to get the passports renewed soon....!!!!!

~patti~

Anonymous said...

Hey, Wondered how your Hawaii trip went and since I hadn't seen photos on Flickr, followed your profile to here! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Good deal!

ellen