Saturday, March 22

Mahalo for Removing Your Shoes

People know I'm a stickler for having folks take their shoes off when they come to my house. Have you worn those shoes in a public restroom? Then you are not wearing them in my house.

Imagine my delight when I find a whole state has adopted this Japanese custom. We were instructed to do this at both bed and breakfasts we stayed at, and one even had this tile hanging that was hand painted in Kaua'i. We never made it to the Banana Patch Studio where they are made, but on the last day B said, "Let's stop here" at one of the souvenir shopping plazas. I was very excited to find Elephant Walk, a store that carries Hawaiian made items and they had the Banana Patch Studio tiles there! I bought the one in the photo and just finished hanging it by my front door. Hawaiian style - I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!! (How sad that you had to come back, tho, eh?) I'm sure we'll see your lovely new tile the next time we're kicking off our shoes, LOL!

~patti~

Ginger said...

Thanks Patti! Yes, it sure is tough getting back to "real" life. We'll be looking forward to getting together with you guys soon I hope.