Friday, March 14

Surfing the North Shore, Oah'u

 
Here's me with surf instructor, Mason, who it turns out is a fan of our Dinosaur BBQ. People we're kind enough not to subject him to a garbage plate on his visit.

I am not a natural at anything that requires athletic skill, but I took to this...yes, like a fish to water. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done, and thanks to Mason's excellent teaching skills I stood up the very first time I tried. As I paddled out to catch the second wave I said to myself, "I'm moving to Hawai'i." Unfortunately the Lottery ticket B and I brought with us wasn't a winner otherwise you wouldn't have seen us for at least a few more weeks.

There is nothing cooler than the ocean flying beneath your board and propelling you to the shore. I'll definately be doing this again. Mason if you read this, can you comment and leave me the name of that town to go surfing in Rhode Island? It's the only New England state I haven't been to, and I sure have a reason to get there now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO!!!!! I didn't even think of checking this while you were gone. I'm glad you sent it to me! I'm goin to read everything in a bit. I'm here at 6:45 a.m.! (two punctuation?) I BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!! Yesterday - I'm picking it up today afterwork. It's used but real cool looking, I'll let you be surprised as to what it is. I have so many crazy stories from last weekend and I can't wait to hear all of yours. Everything is fine here - TGIF. I'm happy you're having a good time!
-A

Ginger said...

Can't wait to see your hot new ride! This place is magic. Can't wait to exchange stories. Write down things so you don't forget to tell me. :)