Thursday, September 13

My Winning Smock



A few weeks ago our local alternative newspaper had an entry form in it to go to my city's oldest art festival and paint a smock. They supplied the canvas-like smocks and paint; entrants just had to bring their creativity. Winners were being called on Monday, but I hadn't heard anything, and as I was driving home I was contemplating what I would do with the smock (maybe sell it on Etsy?). When I got in the house the message light was blinking and low and behold I took first place! I have been honorable mention and in the top ten, but have never won an art contest outright so I was pretty tickled. Do you have an Art Contest story - successful or otherwise? Let's hear it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey congratulations! The smock is awesome - no wonder you won!

Ginger said...

Thanks Mary Helen. ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful smock!! Congratulations!

TheresaJ said...

What a beautiful painting, on smock or otherwise! Congrats!