Tuesday, December 25

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas one and all while there are just a few short hours left in it.

We worked on the house, had amazing food at my mother-in-law's and parents' (Dad's a great cook and my brother whipped up some amazing fudge with my Mom's perfect recipe and technique), and I got some Etsy-licious presents that I'll post on here eventually from my love.

There is less gift giving (1. Because there are just so many of us and 2. This year we put lots of "gifts" into my parents' new house!), but it's nice to be at that place in life where gifts are the least important thing. I'll be honest, as a kid it was ALL about the gifts. Of course I enjoyed time with my family, but one year I really wanted a boom box. Not only did I get it, but it was an awesome purple color! It's on my best-gifts-ever list mainly 'cause I still remember the wanting of it and how much I used it after I got it. Yeah, I walked down the sidewalk in the small town I'm from with it on my shoulder and Michael Jackson's Thriller blasting out of it. If you're of my era, you know you did it, too, and you're aware of the weight of D batteries. D batteries - do they even make them anymore? I also remember taping songs off the radio and the DJ talking over them. Hated that.

Well, I hope you all got what you wanted, whether it was a specific gift or just time to enjoy the people you love. There is no replacement for them.

No comments: