Monday, December 3

Let it Snow!

It snowed and snowed all day! I was so happy. We've just had dustings up until now, but today winter came with all its fluff and bluster. My co-worker chucked a paper clip in my direction when I exclaimed (for maybe the third or fifth time), "It's snowing!" I got her back when she started singing along with White Snake on the radio.

'Tis the season of cross country skiing, snowshoeing, sledding and the sport that makes me feel joy as good as childhood despite the chance of face plants and bark-tasting: snowboarding. There is a resort selling $4 lift tickets this Wednesday for the first hour it's open, and it's sickening me that we won't be able to go. I guess it will make our first run that much sweeter, albeit at full price (cringe.) I hate paying full price.

3 comments:

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Snow!!
It rained all day long on Friday, but we will never see snow here. Although the warm sunshine does allow us to do many of the fun outdoor activities we love all year round, I have a feeling I am missing out on some fun without the snow. I look forward to seeing pictures of your snow-filled activities this winter!

Ginger said...

I can't imagine life without winters, but I can't lie - I love summer best. I was so cold at work I wore my coat most of the day. Wool. Inside. At my desk. I wouldn't miss that.

Snow really is quite a wonder though. It transforms favorite hiking and bike trails into cross country skiing and snow shoe trails. It's really neat enjoying the same places all year long and trying to imagine that you were wearing shorts on a particular trail just a few months before.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't just singing Whitesnake...I was Whitesnake! Don't forget your ski mask and gloves for tomorrow at work, miss "I love the snow."