Friday, August 17

And Now for a Little Romance

An excerpt from the Aria Images by Melody blog of an interview with Helen from Pepperina Press reads like a novel:

"I met my future husband on the night train to Venice, because he was wearing a South Africa Rugby t-shirt. That's really how it went. I was at the start of a three-month solo backpacking adventure around Europe, he was travelling with a high school friend for a few weeks, and we were caught in the chaos of an Italian railway strike. I asked him directions because I thought he was South African (false advertising, I tell you – he's Texan!) and somehow we talked all night on the train. We ended up in Venice, although he and his friend had intended to go to Rome. We spent two days hopelessly and wonderfully lost among bridges and canals and winding streets. We thought it was just a summer fling – I had to keep travelling, he had to go back to America to start medical school... but somehow it stuck. Four years, several countries and a fortune in airline tickets later, we went back to Italy to get married. You never know how a t-shirt's going to change your life...."


Read more and discover her artwork here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice post.