Wednesday, September 10

Alter Ego

I am safely back from a blissful stay in the Adirondacks where my alter ego did all kinds of things boring old Everyday Me doesn't.


Here's a short list:
1. She ate bacon every day - lots of it


2. One night when offered homemade bread fresh from the oven she couldn't resist a slice. Everyday Me would would jump at the chance, too. But she should would not have painted real butter on it with the provided paintbrush the size of one you would use on the molding in your house.

3. She drank Chardonnay - and liked it


Everyday Me combated the bacon and bread consumption with lake swimming, hikes, walking, kayaking and jogging. I hope I live in a place one day where I can do all those things most days just like vacationing in the Adirondacks. It's such an appealing way of life.

B also went outside his lines and not only read a book for enjoyment, but finished it and played a mean game of Boggle with a group of new friends who invited us.

4 comments:

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

"Everyday me" is coming out of my shell, too. I've started (gulp) jogging in the mornings. Now my little brown pup will not let me sleep much past 7:30 in the morning because she is so excited for her run. I, too, have been reading. One day I decided I wanted to read a Nancy Drew book because, well, I had never read one. I'm on a roll now picking up odd vintage books I find at estate sales and thrift stores. My newest find has an adorable bright pink dust jacket with a black and white chalk drawing, although I just can't remember the name of the book! I've been trying to push myself a little every day to do something a little bit better than I did the day before or something different that I've never done.

Ginger said...

Morning jogs - that's great! I have to admit I love running in the morning, but the getting up is SO hard. Funny your puppy is addicted; I suppose that is one thing I could find to like about a dog. Isn't it amazing how fine you feel by the time you get back to the house?

I loved Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys! My reading addiction really got into full swing when I started those books. Never too late to discover more things we like and don't like as well.

I read a quote today that went something like, "Life is a canvas. Put as much paint on it as you can." I've just been bored with where I am and doing the same things isn't going to change that. Next big goal: Get Adobe InDesign certified.

Yankee Girl 1881 said...

eating bacon huh ;) careful "vegans" don't do that. and alcohal too! lol.

Ginger said...

Yeah, I never could commit to being vegetarian or vegan. That is mostly the diet I eat, but give me bacon, grilled chicken and that sort of thing as a choice and I'm in. Can't deny it. :)