Tuesday, July 1

Tonsil Gnats (Yeah, You Read That Right)

I just went for a quick 3 mile bike ride around the block to blow the stink off the day.

I was really enjoying myself sans helmet, wind sweeping under my hair. I started singing, "I love love; I love being in love; I don't care what it does to me..." when a gnat landed squarely on my right tonsil. Why don't I learn to keep my mouth shut? Proceeding to work up spit and spew it out - sorry mom, I know you don't like spitters - did nothing to alleviate the feeling of a foreign visitor on my tonsil. It still feels like it's there! I would have taken a picture of my real tonsils instead of posting this anatomical drawing, but you have to be in my private circle to see those monstrosities - they're huge! Hmm, makes me wonder if there is a Flickr group for giant tonsils.

Later in the ride I saw one of those big plastic garbage cans the town gives you, and the owner had painted their house number on it. What was interesting is the numbers looked just like the ones that that guy on Sesame Street used to go around painting on people's heads. I distinctly remember him painting the number 8 on the back of a bald man's head who was floating on an inner tube in a pool. Was the guy sleeping? How do you not wake up when someone is painting the number 8 with a 2 inch thick brush on the back of your head...and taking their time about it? Holy crap, I just found the video of the exact episode I'm talking about! He's actually on a raft and not sleeping, but hey, we're talking about a remembrance of over 25 years ago. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Signmaker said...

Hi, here in the UK we call those big plastic garbage cans "wheelie bins". I often wondered why anyone would bother to paint their house number on them as they're all identical (except for the smell). It seemed a bit terratorial - then I found out that if it gets stolen the local council charge to replace it!

Ginger said...

Wheelie bins - I like that. They really aren't cans after all. This was the first one I'd seen painted like that and perhaps that is why!

Lacy Kemp said...

Call me crazy, but it looks to me like it feels good to have someone paint on your noggin.