Friday, July 11

iWent. iWaited. iPhone!

Yay, I got my new phone! This I-just-like-my-phone-to-make-calls person has been assimilated - and I don't even have it working yet. It's pretty cool folks and it's fun. Sitting in our comfy camp chairs in line chatting with our neighbors was amazingly enjoyable. Corey, e-mail me so when my husband and I go to Japan someday we can pick your brain on non-touristy, must-do things.

When was the last time outside of being 10 you remember being excited about a piece of plastic? It's the same thing, but this toy can actually help me get back home when I am lost. I also want to say Kudos to Apple on the minimal packaging. It comes in a slick little box with just enough room for what it comes with: a booklet, outlet thingy, charger cord and ear buds. I have a protective covering on the screen already and it's resting in the box until iTunes stops stressing out so I can activate it. B and I may go see a movie to kill some time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...he has now got to you too? No more beauty and the geek, just two geeks. So disappointing.

;-)

Ginger said...

LOL! I still refuse to carry it 24/7 on my person so maybe that gives me some redemption. In my purse maybe, but I will not be sporting this thing on my hip.

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

I'm jealous. Our AT&T store was sold out and the line at the Apple store was 2 1/2 hours long. Another day...

Lacy Kemp said...

I bet within the week you'll never let the iPhone leave your side. Did you name it yet?

Ginger said...

I'll admit it does seem to always be in my vicinity. Accessing Google wherever I am is one of my favorite things because I'm always wondering about something. That reminds me I have to look up cinnebar. Ah: A heavy reddish mercuric sulfide, HgS, that is the principal ore of mercury. I knew it was reddish, but didn't know exactly what it was.

I haven't named it yet, but I almost referred to it as "her" the other day. That's probably not a good sign.

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

I got IT!
I finally got IT!