Wednesday, August 26

Size Matters

In the world of clothing sizes, I am no longer average. I'm pretty sure I was average once, wearing a solid 7/8 all my teenage years. I can still wear my old high school clothes. (Commence grumbling.) But I do all kinds of things I think are fun to keep fit. Anyway, this post is about clothing sizes, and I needed to give you some background. My point is I have not changed size, but when I look for clothes now, I'm anywhere from a 0 to a 4. What gives? Does seeing a smaller size on a pair of jeans fool anyone? I think not. Same with something costing .99 cents. You and I both know that's a dollar. Trickery.

I am finding it nearly impossible to find clothes that fit in the women's section so I have been shopping in teens for years. Tonight I had a breakthrough after not finding anything there. Girls! Yes, I found two pairs of size 16 jeans that fit like they were tailored for me. The epiphany came when I remembered a favorite pair of capris I have were my niece's; she was tired of them. I figure in another decade I'll be solidly into children's sizes.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Maybe so, but if you are a size 14 and you suddenly find something in a size 12 that fits, imagine what it does to you ego!!!

Yankee Girl 1881 said...

I hate the deception of it. Even in my "fat" period. What makes me upset is that I can buy jeans for my husband - look for his measurements - and be pretty secure that they will fit. Mine, the size varies from brand name to brand. I can try on 4 different brands, and wear 4 different sizes. It's no wonder women still have image issues.