Monday, February 2

Winter Without End

It's staying lighter longer, but it's still hard to remember days warm
enough to wear a t-shirt right now. When it is reasonably warm, I make
the most of the snow on cross country skiis and my snowboard. Fun as
it is to go flying down a hill, my thoughts keep turning to
surfing...wishing that still, cold slope was the surging, warm ocean
beneath me.

Is it possible one trip to Hawaii has ruined me forever? B is also
done with winter. The only problem is winter is hardly done with us.

Hopefully we will have another day of just the right amount of snow
and warmth to get to this spot pictured. The trail flanked on either
side by maples and hawthorns leads into a grove of pines filled with
shadow and sunlight. It's the kind of place you get quiet in; like
entering a church but better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ginger, Looks Beautiful, Spring around the corner. Surfing??? Yes, Hawaii will do that to you, I lover Hawaii and someday hope to return maybe by boat. I know don't push it.
Stay warm!

Ginger said...

Yes, it can't be right to go just once. Hope you do get to go by boat again one day - can I be a stowaway? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ginger, it was great to meet you at the screening. Your blog is great. It captures your warmth and positive attitude.

Ginger said...

Thanks for stopping by, Graeme and for such kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you as well.