Saturday, February 14

More Than Chocolates and Flowers

Valentine's Day. Is it contrived? Do you hate it? Do you write a mushy note to your sweetheart? People go all out with romantic getaway weekends with their significant others or swing to the other end of the spectrum to put together highly entertaining anti-Valentine playlists and celebrate the anti-holiday. Me, I'm a sucker for the mushy stuff, and I think anti stuff is fun, too.

Whatever your feelings, this day is about love. Maybe you love the diner down the street and the friendly owners who work hard to make it so inviting. Maybe it's a book that you love written by someone who spent days tapping their thoughts out. Maybe it's that person who lies down next to you at the end of each day. Surely you are not anti those things so broaden your Valentine definition to include more than honey-snuggling if you don't have a honey to snuggle.

I say celebrate. Go to that diner. Pick up that book. Write a goofy note to that person who embraces your imperfections. Love and you will find it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That heart is lovly,so are you!

Anonymous said...

Very nice sentiments...I thought that Fran and I weren't going to celebrate it this year (I didn't even get him a card) but he surprised me with a truly LOVELY card and a box of truffles, saying "you bandage my thumb every day and more". LOL!!!! (Guess that must be love!)
~patti~

Ginger said...

Anonymous: Aw, shucks.

Patti: Thumb bandaging is pretty romantic. Who knew?!

Anonymous said...

Enough mushy.... ROCK ON!
Tommy Lee