Tuesday, February 23

Words to Eat By

As I drove past the Third Pounder billboard featuring McDonald’s newest sandwich offering I thought to myself, “I will never eat anything with the word pounder in it.”

Then I began to think of all the words that I will not eat.* Here’s a list with their translations.
Crunchy = Fried
Crispy = Fried (unless it refers to lettuce)
Creamy = Fat
Cheesy = Fat
Melt = Fat
Big = Lots of what you don’t need
Double = Twice what you don’t need
Triple = Three times what you don’t need
Pounder = Seriously?
Liver = It’s an organ - the organ that is a filter. Ick - and I can say that because I have tried it. I like to say, “Ick!” with authority.


*Disclaimer: I love ice cream, and I will have it when I want it. Also, while I have never eaten an order of fast food fries, I love fresh cut curly fries floating (I do not exaggerate) in vinegar from vendors at summer fairs. I’m salivating at the thought.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

You are so funny! This is really wierd because do you know what I was thinking of today???? Mountain Man Breakfast! Remember that? Remember how I couldn't find picante sauce and that's what the recipe called for and you guys said, "Enuf is enuf"!

How many people do you know that eat as well as we do on canoe/kayak trips???

Ginger said...

That was good stuff - the meal that kept on giving with enough leftovers for the next day’s breakfast!

I don’t go hungry!

I hope you are planning on a blueberry cobbler or whatever you baked yumminess you like to make in the dutch oven this year. That was TASTY!

Sherry said...

I do take "requests"!!! Yes, if you took my dutch ovens away from me, I wouldn't be happy!

Mamasooz said...

Funny post... so true!

Yankee Girl 1881 said...

add... smothered = fat
processed = lord knows what it went through!

Ginger said...

Dear God, smothered and processed - good ones!