Wednesday, June 17

6 x 6 x 2009

 
A local gallery has a fundraiser every year where local artists and those who want to be donate a 6" x 6" piece of art. They sell them for $20 each to keep the gallery afloat for the next year. It's an inclusive, fun, community event. Above is my piece: Quiet Like Bananas Are Quiet.

I thought about taking it into the computer - and may still - to make it all polished and flashy, but I wanted someone to buy a piece of art that was actually touched by the artist during creation. That's what makes paintings so much better than prints of course. Have you ever seen an actual van Gogh? The texture is amazing!

2 comments:

Graeme Roberts said...

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like bananas.

I heard it on a Nature podcast.

I love the hand-drawn card.

Ginger said...

Hah, that's cute. :) Thanks for the compliment.