Tuesday, December 30

I Love (this) Monday

In a matter of hours I have become a huge fan of train travel. Sure,
there's the obligatory person with the phlemy cough, but so far it
smells way better than a plane. Plus so many other things are better
than air travel. I got to keep my shoes on and bring excessive amounts
of liquids aboard. Parking is free, and there is no drink cart running
over my foot. For added delight, the conductor looks like he walked
off of The Polar Express.

I miss looking out at great exspanses of clouds and peering at the world below through the holes, but the whole not-going-to-fall-out-of-the-sky is fair and good trade-off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh, heh...we told you, trains RULE!!
You would really love the ones over in Germany, then! Glad you guys are having a great time...Happy New Year!

~patti~