Saturday, April 19

Wallpaper is Evil

We just started removing the wallpaper in our kitchen after about nine years of procrastination. Ugh.

It wasn't pretty before unless you like that cutesy country stuff - and a lot of people do - and now it looks heinous due to another of the former owner's design taste. Below the wallpaper is a lovely vine stencilled in blue along the ceiling and down the side of one window. Ick. Now, I must admit to doing a stencil once that I would now cringe at, but it just sucks because now we've got to sand that down otherwise the shape of it will show through the new paint.

I did paint the kitchen ceiling a summer or two back so at least that's done. Still...I really am not a fan of home improvement. I'm a big fan once it's over.

The funniest part of the day was when B picked up the stand the TV is on and started walking with it. What? People lifting things isn't funny? Okay, there was a massive crash as if glassware had just been smashed all over the place. I looked over to see him still with stand in hand saying, "Is there a shelf on the bottom of this?" Yes - with an arched candelabra of glass votives, candles and a plant in a terra cotta pot...with glass marbles in the bottom for drainage. Not a chunk of dirt or marble was left in the pot. I hated watering it anyway, and I just chucked the candles and will use the little glass votives to hold frit - ground glass - for my bead making.

1 comment:

Yankee Girl 1881 said...

lol, so i should start sending all my broken glass to you to make more are with!!??